Not all superheroes wear capes, but we sure think our staff should wear one every day! Join a passionate bunch of veterinary professionals at Animal Hospital at Baldwin Park that is saving the Orlando, FL community, one pet at a time! We pride ourselves on providing the best care offering a wide variety of medical, surgical, and dental services using progressive, modern medicine and innovative technology including an in-house laboratory, digital radiography, surgical suites, and exam rooms.
Animal Hospital at Baldwin Park is a dynamic facility treating cats, dogs, exotics, and pocket pets that combines both Eastern and Western medical modalities to include holistic and rehabilitation services. We believe all animals and pets should be treated with loving care in every check-up, procedure, or surgery. To complement our doctors, we have a team of experienced support staff and a strong leadership group who work closely together to provide the best patient experience.
Conveniently located in the heart of Orlando, FL near multiple amenities including the Orlando International Airport, theme parks (Disney, Universal, etc.), and a short drive to many beaches and Cape Canaveral. Downtown Orlando provides even more to explore, such as various dining, shopping, and entertainment options. This vibrant city offers something special for everyone, including outdoor activities and wonderful golf courses in the area.
Are you passionate about animals and would jump at the chance to interact with all types of pets in an atmosphere where fun and compassion are the order of the day? If you want to onboard with a modern veterinary clinic where your career will flourish under the guidance of a caring DVM team, Animal Hospital at Baldwin Park has a place for you as our Veterinary Assistant in Orlando, FL.
Veterinary Assistant Responsibilities
- Clean and straighten exam rooms to prepare for incoming patients following OSHA guidelines
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows necessary procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensure safety of patients and people
- Take accurate notes and medical history of patients in exam rooms for doctors
- Anticipate the needs of the doctor for routine exam/surgery visits; follow doctors request to fill or refill medications
- Take temperatures, samples, vitals as requested by doctor; draw up vaccines, flea/tick medication/prevention, etc.