Exotics and Pocket Pets
We are proud to have Dr. Maria Carolina Grillo on our team for our exotic patients!
Dr. Grillo sees non-venomous reptiles, backyard poultry, exotic pets and small mammals known as “pocket pets”. Other unique species may be approved by the doctor, so please ask! Your exotic pet can benefit greatly from regular checkups and wellness visits. Even for the most observant owner, the onset of health conditions can be gradual and difficult to detect. This is why we recommend regular examinations for all exotic pets such as rabbits, gerbils, turtles, lizards, and snakes.
At Animal Hospital of Baldwin Park, we have the knowledge, training, and tools to provide quality veterinary care for your exotic pet, and we offer a variety of exotic services including:
- Fecal Exam
- Thorough Oral Examination & Dental Services
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endoscopic Procedures
- Internal and external parasite screening
- Weight Checks
- Blood Screening
- Sex Determination
- Spay/Neuter Procedures
- Behavioral Counseling
- Diagnostic Imaging: X-rays, Ultrasound, CT Scanning
Who exactly can we see?
- Small mammals/exotics: rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hedgehogs, degus, rats, mice, hamsters, prairie dogs, sugar gliders, and more!
- Reptiles: turtles, tortoises, terrapins, bearded dragons, uromastyx, chameleons, geckos, skinks, monitor lizards, boas, pythons, and non-venomous snakes
- Poultry: ducks, chickens, geese
Call us today at 407-897-8555 if you have any questions regarding your pet’s health or if you would like to schedule a wellness exam for your exotic pet.